Jan
20
2011

Creatine As A Proven Body Building Supplement

Click Now For This Special Report On How To Look Your Best With Creatine

The proper use of a creatine supplement is proven to help a body builder add pounds of pure muscle in the shortest time. Hundreds of studies have been done which prove the safety and effectiveness of it, when used by athletes and body builders to boost their strength and muscle mass, by increasing the size of the muscle cells. Below, we are going to look deeper into this subject in front of you.

There is scientific evidence available to prove that its use can increase maximum power and performance by those individuals who engage in high intensity anaerobic exercise by up to 15 percent. It is most effective when used as a boost for activities involving intensive repeated periods of exercise like cycling or running sprints, separated by short periods of rest. Resistance training programs may also be enhanced by using this supplement. Studies done on endurance athletes have proved less promising, more than likely because these types of activities are sustained for a longer period of time and therefore do not allow for short rest periods where the synthesis of additional phosphate molecules is created. Thus it has no noticeable effect on aerobic endurance, although it will increase power during the short periods of high intensity aerobic exercise.

It plays a vital role in the immediate energy system of our bodies. The majority of this is stored in the skeletal muscles (95%), the rest being found in the heart, brain and testes. The average daily requirement of it is significantly increased by larger body mass and high activity levels, therefore supplementation becomes effective when used by athletes and body builders. Many feel that supplementation begins over an initial loading period of five to six days using twenty to thirty grams per day, followed by an unlimited period on a maintenance dose of two to five grams per day. This isn’t necessarily true or proper. Newer information suggests that a loading phase isn’t necessary. Other studies suggest dosage as being dependent on body weight, therefore a dosage of 0.3 grams per kilogram of body weight is recommended for the whole period of usage, with no loading phase to begin with. These studies also suggest that the maintenance phase should go for only two to three months at a time, with one to two weeks off using the supplementation in order to maintain a proper response mechanism in the body.

An acute weight gain is often associated with the intensive loading period, which may be attributed to water gain. This weight gain may prove to be counterproductive to athletes competing in such sports where power to weight is key in successful performance, or sports that involve weight divisions.

The first and most basic form of it to be studied was creatine monohydrate. Other formulations available today are citrate, creatine phosphate and malate. The most common ways to ingest these formulas is as a powder mixed up into a drink, or as a capsule. Once ingested, it is easily synthesised by the body in a short period of time. The most popular and least expensive form of the supplement available is the basic micronized powder, which is easily mixed with water and has few side effects, although some people will experience bloating, diarrhea or cramps when using a less micronized powder that is not as easy for the body to synthesise.

Performance enhancements may be seen as a result of an intensive loading protocol, but the greatest benefits from using it to promote superior training adaptations are seen by longer term use. Correct supplementation using this may help a body builder add five to ten pounds of pure muscle in a short time. It has been found to be safe and effective in the hundreds of scientific studies which have been published on its use, most recently showing that prior creatine loading enhances glycogen storage and carbohydrate loading in a trained muscle. Reports of positive effects from the supplementation are increased muscle bulk, decreased fatigue, decreased recovery time and improved performance.

It is effective for about 70 percent of athletes and bodybuilders. The other 30 percent may not respond to creatine supplementation as they already produce enough phosphate in their muscles that enhanced performance cannot be achieved through further supplementation.

If, in competition, athletes need to get a burst of power, there is potential that the use of creatine supplements can benefit them by extending the time over which they can maintain this energy kick. Studies using a relatively low dose of it has shown the promise of performance enhancement of athletes in many sports, and creatine is not considered to be doping by sports authorities.

Click Now For This Special Report On How To Look Your Best With Creatine

GET BIGGER

Leave a Reply